Connect with us

News Television

Tucker Carlson Apologizes for Inaccurate Claim

During a segment on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Carlson said that someone cast a ballot on behalf of James Blalock of Covington, Ga., who died in 2006. The news of a World War II veteran casting a vote was ultimately used by the Trump campaign to argue about Georgia’s illegal voting.

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Fox News host Tucker Carlson issued an apology to viewers after a local Georgia news outlet pointed out his inaccurate claims about a dead individual illegally voting in the state.

During a segment on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Carlson said that someone cast a ballot on behalf of James Blalock of Covington, Ga., who died in 2006. The news of a World War II veteran casting a vote was ultimately used by the Trump campaign to argue about Georgia’s illegal voting.

“No one quite embodies that story like James Blalock of Covington, Ga. Mr. Blalock was a mailman for 33 years until he passed away in 2006,” Carlson said. “Fourteen years later, according to state records, he was still mailing things. James Blalock cast a ballot in last week’s election.”

However, once the news of a dead man voting went viral, Newton County officials released a statement to clear up the miscommunication that Blalock didn’t vote. Furthermore, the report went on to say that there was a vote cast by a Blalock, but it was his widow registered under his name as “Mrs. James E. Blalock, Jr.”

11Alive, NBC’s Atlanta affiliate station, called out Carlson for his inaccurate claim. Also, the network confirmed the news with Blalock’s widow herself, Agnes Blalock. After realizing the inaccuracy, Carlson retracted his statement and apologized.

“We’ve got some good news tonight and an apology,” he said. “One of the people who voted in last week’s election isn’t dead,” Carlson said. “James Blalock is still dead. We told you about him, but it was his wife who voted. She voted as Mrs. James Blalock. It’s old-fashioned, and we missed it.”

News Television

Chris Wallace: Democrats Would Like Another Nominee in 2024

Wallace said Democrats don’t want Biden to run again in 2024 because of his age. 

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

Chris Wallace joined CNN’s “At This Hour” to discuss a New York Times article suggesting that President Joe Biden shouldn’t run again. 

According to a transcript published on Breitbart, Wallace said Democrats don’t want Biden to run again in 2024 because of his age. 

“I think 75%of Democrats say they would like to see another Democratic nominee for president in 2024,” said Biden. 

Wallace said he’s witnessed farewells plenty of times, especially in the media, which he referred to as the gold watch sent off. 

“Look; obviously, the success after a lot of stalemate, the success of the last month or so by Joe Biden is impressive, and it will change the narrative,” Wallace said. “We will be talking about everything he has accomplished.” 

‘You know what, I’m excited by the idea of a guy who on next inauguration day would be 82 running for election again,’ I’m not so sure about that,” he added.

Continue Reading

News Television

News Media Reacts to FBI Searching Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Resort

CNN reports that the former President corroborated the information that FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago and stated, “they even broke into my safe.”

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

On Monday, news broke that the FBI executed a search warrant at former U.S. President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida. 

The search warrant is part of the inquiry into the handling of presidential documents, including classified documents, that Trump may have been brought there. 

CNN reports that the former President corroborated the information that FBI agents were at Mar-a-Lago and stated, “they even broke into my safe.” He was at Trump Tower in New York when the search warrant occurred in Florida. 

There’s plenty of reaction from both sides of the news media aisle, here’s what some had to say: 

Continue Reading

News Television

John Oliver Takes Dig at Parent Owner Warner Bros. Discovery

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav was also a leading force in canceling CNN’s venture into the streaming wars

Eduardo Razo

Published

on

Warner Bros. Discovery has made recent headlines for its decisions regarding HBO Max and canceling in-production films, including DC’s “Batgirl,” to get future tax write-offs.

During a segment discussing Monkeypox on Sunday, HBO’s “Last Week Tonight” host John Oliver decided to take a shot at their new parent company for its recent decisions.

“We let the vaccine sit unused on a shelf in our reserves like an expired Chobani or a $90 million movie on HBO Max,” Oliver said, referring to the “Batgirl” film. 

“By the way, hi there, new business daddy! Seems like you’re doing a really great job. I do get the vague sense that you’re burning down my network for the insurance money, but I’m sure that will all pass.”

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav was also a leading force in canceling CNN’s venture into the streaming wars, pulling the plug on CNN+ less than a month after the service launched. 

“On CNN+, there was no message it was a business decision,” Zaslav told CNBC in May. “We looked at it and we looked at the data, the number of users they had spent an enormous amount of money trying to sell an independent product. 

“The subscribers weren’t there, the users weren’t there. We looked at it together. We had a chance to look at all the data and when we looked at the data, it was, the business wasn’t there.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.