Connect with us

News Print & Digital

Rush Limbaugh Deactivates Twitter Account After Platform Suspends President Trump

Limbaugh received the Presidential Medal of Freedom last year; he started his Twitter account in October under the guise of helping Trump get re-elected.

Published

on

Photo by Gage Skidmore CC BY-SA 2.0.
Photo by Gage Skidmore CC BY-SA 2.0.

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh’s Twitter account was deactivated Friday, according to the USA TODAY. This action came on thesame day that the platform permanently banned President Trump’s account.

The report said Limbaugh’s account was deactivated by the user, not the company.

Twitter temporarily blocked Trump after the U.S. Capitol was stormed by his alleged supporters. The platform said that they would permanently ban his account if he continued to violate its community standards against inciting violence.

Limbaugh received the Presidential Medal of Freedom last year; he started his Twitter account in October under the guise of helping Trump get re-elected. 

“We’re going to doing everything we can in these last three weeks to take the message of preserving the American way of life, to take the message that America is a good and decent, it is almost a savior of a country, that it is being maligned, it is being savagely impugned,” he said during a show.

Limbaugh is the most listened to radio host in the country, according to Talkers. His audience regularly tops 15 million a week.

Limbaugh discussed the siege at the U.S. Capitol last Wednesday.

“There’s a lot of conservatives on social media who say that any violence or aggression at all is unacceptable regardless of the circumstances,” Limbaugh said. “I am glad Sam Adams, Thomas Paine, the actual Tea Party guys, the men at Lexington and Concord didn’t feel that way.” 

News Print & Digital

Lulu Garcia-Navarro to Host Opinion Podcast for NY Times

“When a lot of us hear the word “opinion” we think of hot takes — points of view in reaction to the news. But what about the experiences that shape our opinions?” The Times said in a press release. 

Published

on

New York Times

The New York Times will have a new opinion podcast coming out soon called “First Person.” The company announced that Peabody Award-winning journalist Lulu Garcia-Navarro will host this new show beginning June 9th. 

“When a lot of us hear the word “opinion” we think of hot takes — points of view in reaction to the news. But what about the experiences that shape our opinions?” The Times said in a press release

“That’s the question we’re exploring in “First Person,” a new podcast from New York Times Opinion with Lulu Garcia-Navarro. In each episode, Lulu sits down with people living through the headlines for intimate and surprising conversations that help us make sense of our complicated world.”

Garcia-Navarro will bring plenty of experience to her new podcast as a two-time Peabody Award-winning journalist with years of interviewing world leaders, authors, artists, and people living on the front lines of a changing world.

“This show is a new way of understanding where people’s opinions come from. It’s urgent and intimate and takes someone who is living through something incredible and asks them how they came to believe what they believe,” Garcia-Navarro said per Radio Ink

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Twitter Will Not Renegotiate Original Offer with Elon Musk

Twitter doesn’t plan on backing down from the agreement even as Musk attempts to cast doubt about the number of fake accounts on the platform. 

Published

on

Twitter is playing hardball with Elon Musk, who initially agreed to buy the social media platform for $44-billion. During a town hall meeting, executives of the company told staffers they would not renegotiate the price of his takeover agreement, per The Daily Beast

Furthermore, Twitter doesn’t plan on backing down from the agreement even as Musk attempts to cast doubt about the number of fake accounts on the platform. 

Nonetheless, earlier this week, the company stated that they had plans to “close the transaction and enforce the merger agreement” between the Telsa CEO and the social media giant. 

The terms of the buyout contract will make it hard for him to evade the deal with Twitter. It contains a $1 billion breakup fee, and the company could sue to compel Musk to follow through on the transaction.

Last week, the entrepreneur tweeted that he was placing the deal on hold until Twitter could verify that spam and fake accounts do not comprise more than 5 percent of its users. 

Musk stated that he was dedicated to purchasing the company and indicated that he was open to a deal at a lower price.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Donald Trump Accuses Google of Trying to Ruin TRUTH Social

Truth Social was developed by Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) and is headed by former congressman Devin Nunes.

Published

on

Former President Donald Trump is not happy with Google. According to Rolling Stone, Trump believes that the tech giant is trying to ruin his new social media platform, TRUTH Social. The platform is currently not available to Android users which have drawn the ire of Trump.

“One person whom the outlet did not identify claimed to have discussed TRUTH Social’s unavailability for Android users with Trump,” the magazine wrote. “The person said he has also asked questions such as, “What’s up with Google?” and, “[is Google trying to] screw with me?”

Truth Social was developed by Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) and is headed by former congressman Devin Nunes.

Trump reportedly believes that Google and YouTube are out to get him. “This has left Trump with questions about the status of the product and whether his perceived enemies at Google had any plans to reject it,” the report said.

“Is Google trying to f**k me?” Trump asked.

Big Tech banned Trump from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat following the Jan. 6 riots. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.