Former Trump Campaign advisor Steve Cortes is departing Newsmax as he’ll be hosting his final show this week.
According to The Daily Beast, there have been issues between both parties, and the company’s latest vaccine mandate was the final straw. Earlier this month, Cortes tweeted out that he would not comply with any company enforcing these mandates.
“I will not comply w/ any organization’s attempt to enforce Biden’s capricious & unscientific Medical Apartheid mandate,” Cortes tweeted.
“I will not be forced into the injection, nor will I disclose my vaccination status. No one should be pressured to choose between medical privacy & their job.”
The report also details the reason for the friction between these two sides is due to the provocative and inflammatory comments that Cortes is known for making, which is why a staffer on the network stated, “he’s on a delay. Can’t trust him.”
However, another staffer states that Cortes’ departure has nothing to do with the company’s vaccine mandate; it’s because of his show ratings. “The ratings for [the Cortes] show suck,” the Newsmax staffer said. “He still insists the election was stolen.”
Cortes’ decision to leave comes after taking over the co-host role of the weeknight 9 p.m. ET show with former One America News correspondent Jenn Pellegrino six months ago.
Joe Kennedy to Fox News: “First Amendment is Alive and Well”
The issue centered on whether a public-school employee praying alone but in view of the students was engaging in unprotected “government speech.”
The former high school coach at the head of the Supreme Court decision involving post-game prayer, joined “The Faulkner Focus” to discuss Monday’s ruling.
According to Fox News Digital, the issue centered on whether a public-school employee praying alone but in view of the students was engaging in unprotected “government speech.”
Joe Kennedy served as the varsity assistant coach at Bremerton School District in Washington from 2008 – 2015.
“You know, I really don’t know what to say. I just can’t stop smiling, and, you know, thank God and thank everybody that supported me, and I found out that I’m not insane,” he said in a transcript obtained by Barrett News Media. “It’s absolutely true of all the facts of the case, and it just feels good to know that the First Amendment is alive and well.”
Kennedy said that he was motivated to get back on the field and coach again. “Soon as they – the school district says, “Hey, come back,” I am there. Absolutely. First play.”
Kelly Shackelford, CEO, First Liberty Institute, joined the conversation. She reiterated that free speech and free exercise are both protected under the First Amendment.
“So, if the government is going to infringe upon that and in this case really fire him because he exercised his First Amendment rights, they’ve got to have some sort of very serious justification for that, and they didn’t have anything like that,” she added.
Alex Wagner Is Replacing Rachel Maddow Tuesday-Friday on MSNBC
Wagner’s show debuts on Aug. 16, and the name has not been announced.
This year marked the transition of Rachel Maddow away from being a daily news host at MSNBC as she works on other projects, which is part of her new contract. As a result, it’s been a revolving door of hosts filling for Maddow’s time away.
However, that’s all about to change as Alex Wagner is succeeding Rachel Maddow as the weekday host of MSNBC’s 9 p.m. hour, four days a week, Tuesday through Friday.
In an interview with the New York Times, MSNBC president Rashida Jones shared the news about Wagner being the new permanent host for the four days that Maddow is away.
“This is not a show where our hair is on fire, and we’re yelling past each other, and we’re creating these manufactured moments of tension. I really want the takeaway from this show to be a better understanding of what’s happening in the world,” Jones said regarding the show’s format under Wagner.
Wagner rejoined MSNBC this past February as a political analyst and guest host in primetime, mostly filling in for Maddow and occasionally for Chris Hayes. Furthermore, Wagner becomes the only Asian American to host a primetime cable news show.
Her show debuts on Aug. 16, and the name has not been announced.
Tony Dokoupil Reportedly Extends Deal With CBS News
Dokoupil spent several years writing for Newsweek, The Daily Beast, and NBC News’ digital side before coming aboard at CBS News
CBS News is keeping its “CBS Mornings” co-anchor Tony Dokoupil as Variety reports that the two parties have reached a contract extension that would keep him alongside Gayle King and Nate Burleson.
With Dokoupil now inked to a new deal, the morning news show wars are on as CBS attempted to close the gap with their rivals NBC, who has the “Today Show,” and ABC with “Good Morning America.”
Usually, “Today” conquers the critical demographic. Meanwhile, “CBS Mornings,” with a new format launched last September, has seen its share boost among female viewers in that age range. Furthermore, the top executive at CBS News considers a unique opportunity in the A.M.
“The re-imagined ‘CBS Mornings’ — which distinguishes itself everyday through its hard-hitting reporting, longer-form storytelling, and exclusive interviews – is hitting its stride,” says Neeraj Khemlani, co-president of CBS’ news-and-stations unit.
“The program is closer to its competitors now more than at any point in the history of the franchise — more than 10 years ago, more than 5 years ago. Gayle, Tony, Nate, and Vlad have incredible chemistry, and under the strong leadership of Shawna Thomas, the entire anchor, reporting, and producing teams have the wind at their backs…and the audience is clearly responding.”
Dokoupil spent several years writing for Newsweek, The Daily Beast, and NBC News’ digital side before coming aboard at CBS News as a correspondent and contributor to “Sunday Morning.”
In his time as “CBS This Morning,” co-host Dokoupil has often been dispatched to big breaking-news scenes, and he emphasizes “talking to regular people where the story is happening and happening to them.”