Connect with us

News Print & Digital

Piers Morgan: Protest at the Homes of Chief Justices Is “Domestic Terrorism”

“It’s not a run-of-the-mill protest when you basically terrorize the senior judge of the country at home when they have young kids,” said Morgan.

Published

on

The leaked Supreme Court draft opinion that purportedly would overturn Roe v. Wade is drawing protestors to the homes of some of the Supreme Court Justices, including Brett Kavanaugh and Chief Justice John Roberts.

“Uncensored” talk show host Piers Morgan believes some of these people are acting like domestic terrorists. He made those comments while talking to SiriusXM’s Megyn Kelly Monday.

“It’s not a run-of-the-mill protest when you basically terrorize the senior judge of the country at home when they have young kids,” said Morgan. “That’s a form of domestic terrorism that’s going on.”

Kelly referred to the protestors as “dumb” and reiterated that the leaked opinion doesn’t necessarily represent the majority needed to overturn the landmark abortion ruling. “They’re just dopes. Right, so they just go to the Chief Justice’s home for no reason,” she added.

“To me, it’s disgusting, and it’s actually deeply problematic because I think it’s an open attempt to intimidate a court. — Our White House here continues to shrug it off like ‘Protests are really a good thing; this is just a run-of-the-mill protest,” Kelly said.

You can watch the full interview here

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News Print & Digital

Lulu Garcia-Navarro to Host Opinion Podcast for NY Times

“When a lot of us hear the word “opinion” we think of hot takes — points of view in reaction to the news. But what about the experiences that shape our opinions?” The Times said in a press release. 

Published

on

New York Times

The New York Times will have a new opinion podcast coming out soon called “First Person.” The company announced that Peabody Award-winning journalist Lulu Garcia-Navarro will host this new show beginning June 9th. 

“When a lot of us hear the word “opinion” we think of hot takes — points of view in reaction to the news. But what about the experiences that shape our opinions?” The Times said in a press release

“That’s the question we’re exploring in “First Person,” a new podcast from New York Times Opinion with Lulu Garcia-Navarro. In each episode, Lulu sits down with people living through the headlines for intimate and surprising conversations that help us make sense of our complicated world.”

Garcia-Navarro will bring plenty of experience to her new podcast as a two-time Peabody Award-winning journalist with years of interviewing world leaders, authors, artists, and people living on the front lines of a changing world.

“This show is a new way of understanding where people’s opinions come from. It’s urgent and intimate and takes someone who is living through something incredible and asks them how they came to believe what they believe,” Garcia-Navarro said per Radio Ink

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Twitter Will Not Renegotiate Original Offer with Elon Musk

Twitter doesn’t plan on backing down from the agreement even as Musk attempts to cast doubt about the number of fake accounts on the platform. 

Published

on

Twitter is playing hardball with Elon Musk, who initially agreed to buy the social media platform for $44-billion. During a town hall meeting, executives of the company told staffers they would not renegotiate the price of his takeover agreement, per The Daily Beast

Furthermore, Twitter doesn’t plan on backing down from the agreement even as Musk attempts to cast doubt about the number of fake accounts on the platform. 

Nonetheless, earlier this week, the company stated that they had plans to “close the transaction and enforce the merger agreement” between the Telsa CEO and the social media giant. 

The terms of the buyout contract will make it hard for him to evade the deal with Twitter. It contains a $1 billion breakup fee, and the company could sue to compel Musk to follow through on the transaction.

Last week, the entrepreneur tweeted that he was placing the deal on hold until Twitter could verify that spam and fake accounts do not comprise more than 5 percent of its users. 

Musk stated that he was dedicated to purchasing the company and indicated that he was open to a deal at a lower price.

Continue Reading

News Print & Digital

Donald Trump Accuses Google of Trying to Ruin TRUTH Social

Truth Social was developed by Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) and is headed by former congressman Devin Nunes.

Published

on

Former President Donald Trump is not happy with Google. According to Rolling Stone, Trump believes that the tech giant is trying to ruin his new social media platform, TRUTH Social. The platform is currently not available to Android users which have drawn the ire of Trump.

“One person whom the outlet did not identify claimed to have discussed TRUTH Social’s unavailability for Android users with Trump,” the magazine wrote. “The person said he has also asked questions such as, “What’s up with Google?” and, “[is Google trying to] screw with me?”

Truth Social was developed by Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) and is headed by former congressman Devin Nunes.

Trump reportedly believes that Google and YouTube are out to get him. “This has left Trump with questions about the status of the product and whether his perceived enemies at Google had any plans to reject it,” the report said.

“Is Google trying to f**k me?” Trump asked.

Big Tech banned Trump from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat following the Jan. 6 riots. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Barrett Media.