News Television

Newsmax Rolls Out New Lineup Ahead of Greta Van Susteren’s Debut

Beginning Tuesday, Newsmax is rolling out its new lineup for its evening programming, which also marks the debut of Van Susteren.

Eduardo Razo

A new era is coming to Newsmax beginning Tuesday as the network rolled out its new lineup for its evening programming.

The changes start at 4 pm ET when the “Chris Salcedo Show” kicks off Newsmax’s new look. “Spicer and Co.” takes over at the 5 pm ET block leading into the series debut of “The Record with Greta Van Susteren,” which makes its debut in the 6 pm ET slot.

“If you’ve watched me for 20 some odd years, it’s going to be pretty much what you’ve always seen: fair, factual, and informative; very little opinion, although I hate government waste, and if anyone starts mentioning government waste, that might push my button!” Van Susteren told TV Newser on what viewers can expect on her show.

“Opinion shows are for the evening. I’m not in the evening; I’m in the early prime. Having access to newsmakers, my job is to go out and get news and present it to the viewers, and they get to watch and make up their own minds. I’m not going to tell them how to think, and I don’t think I ever have.”

After Van Susteren’s program, “Rob Schmitt Tonight” takes the baton at 7 pm ET, then Eric Bolling jumps in at 8 pm ET, with Prime News and Greg Kelly Reports closing out the lineup at 9 pm ET and 10 pm ET, respectively.

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy hopes the addition of Van Susteren clears up any fallacy that his network leans hard-right. She will “help clear up any misconceptions about the network, that we are taking political positions or otherwise.”

He adds, “I think she is a standard that we like and that we have felt we have tried to attain. She is a pacesetter for other journalists about how you should cover and report the news.”

40 Comments

40 Comments

1. Dianne

June 14, 2022 at 5:55 pm

Disappointed in the new lineup to accommodate Greta!

• Kat

June 15, 2022 at 8:48 am

Do not like her and what happened to Grant Stinchfield?

• Janet Tomasko

June 15, 2022 at 11:48 am

Bad move do not like Greta.
        Miss Greg at 7, 10 too late.

• Joyce moore

June 15, 2022 at 4:53 pm

I don’t like Gretta either.I also would like them to explain what happened to Stinchfeld.

• Donna Heath

June 15, 2022 at 11:14 am

More than disappointed in changes!!!

• Drena

June 15, 2022 at 7:42 pm

I totally agree. Greta last me years ago when she went verrrry leftist.

• Drena

June 15, 2022 at 7:52 pm

Completely Agree.
      The new lineup is screwed…WHY would Newsmax bring in Greta who is an old tired lefty!

• Wendy

June 16, 2022 at 8:22 pm

Yeah, you just tanked yourselves. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. WAR ROOM and OANN damn, get with the program, demo rat party has imploded and so have you. Buh bye newsmax.

• Lisa Barbee

June 16, 2022 at 8:50 pm

Soooo disappointed in the new lineup!! Going back to Fox! Why would you put Greg Kelly on at 10?? and where is Stichfield????

• Jer Paul

June 16, 2022 at 10:46 pm

Don’t care for any of your new line up we don’t care for greta interviewing liberals on newsmax. My friends and I l
      ews because of your old line up.

• Jer Paul

June 16, 2022 at 11:10 pm

My friends & I left fox news because of liberals (15 of us). we all talked this over and will go to another news media. We don’t like greta and her swinging in interviewing of liberals. We liked Greg Kelly spicer,stenchfield and the others just where they were, your going to end up like fox, this is bad news in making these changes. We don,t care at all for greta, Pellegrino. Your starting to do like fox news which now is a lost cause except for varney & Barteroma. You should of hired Lou Dobbs instead. greta also doesn’t know how to dress like a woman and dresses like a man.we also like rob Schmidt. Terrible move of newsmax.

• Kathy L Ross

June 19, 2022 at 7:07 am

Bad choice for newsmax. Greg at 7 then stinchfield best lineup. These were your best.
      We quit watching fox so much because of some of the people they have on. Appear to be trying to lose their stand and draw in left.
      Still watch The Five because judge holds the line.

2. Melinda Zuber

June 14, 2022 at 6:54 pm

I’m in Texas so these shows are all an hour later making them an hour earlier in my time zone. It was hard enough for me to catch Chris at 4pm my time and once in a while I could catch Eric at 3pm. But now I have to wait until 9 pm to see Greg. I go to bed then. And as far as Spicer that is in the 4pm slot niw my time will be rare to catch. I am so upset and just want you to know I turned off every news station since Newsmax began. I do not care one thing about Greta which seems her appearance upset the entire apple cart.

3. Gordy Bengel

June 14, 2022 at 7:18 pm

I like Gretta but I love the Stitchfield show every night. Bad move to remove Grant. You will regret

4. Jennifer Walsh

June 15, 2022 at 9:03 am

I stopped watching fox after the election and started watching newsmax on paid tv just to watch. I love Greta,but I can’t believe you would get rid of Grant. What is so wrong being far right? Don’t turn into fox or I will only watch one American News. We are not going away.

• Mary Nycz

June 16, 2022 at 6:16 pm

Agree! I stopped watching fox. Started watching Newsmax and loved it. Love Grant. With Greta and Eric Newsmax has turned into Fox 2.
      Will watch OAN.

5. Marisha Kearn

June 15, 2022 at 9:43 am

Disappointed you moved the Greg Kelly show to 10:00 pm & Stinchfeld show to the weekend- Two of our favorites (for our tv scheduled tv time) & the two shows (flagship shows) which we feel made your network a success! We will miss these guys!

6. Dennis

June 15, 2022 at 11:40 am

Did FOX board members take over..
    Stinchfeld and Kelly are main reasons I watch your channel.. Disappointed at another CONSERVATIVE news channel growing weak at the knees…

• Rowdy

June 16, 2022 at 8:02 am

Can’t believe Newsmax moved Grant to the weekend or did they.??? Had enough of Greta when she was on Fox.

7. Karen

June 15, 2022 at 7:44 pm

I miss Stinchfield at night.

8. Drena

June 15, 2022 at 7:44 pm

I totally agree. Greta lost me years ago when she went very leftist.

9. Lo

June 15, 2022 at 8:46 pm

Greta not charismatic like Stinchfield and Kelley. Lindsey would have been a better choice than Greta. Half of the time her guests can’t hear what she is saying. Do not enjoy this new line up. How could you let Stinchfield go??!! Insane

10. Susan Vargas

June 15, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Greta is a great crime solver . Glad to see her back.

11. Sharon Ward

June 15, 2022 at 10:25 pm

Moved Greg Kelly and took off Grant Stinchfield??? What’s up with that?? Not a Greta fan. Bad move Newsmax. Going back to Fox!!!

• Adeline Luongo

June 16, 2022 at 1:33 am

I am very upset with shakeup at newsmax yes seems hiring greta character horrible don’t like her if Stinchfield is gone so am I miss old lineup Splicer,Kelly and Stinchfield, Rob Schmitt why not give Carl Higbie love him Michael Savage not this horrible Greta if u go left me and my family and friends go back to Fox cause won’t be a difference watched Hannity and Tucker tonight big mistake Ruddy ceo

12. Bob Codner

June 16, 2022 at 4:53 am

Hey Mr Ruddy, a swing and a miss! Greta couldn’t carry Stinchfields lunchbox. Instead of watching Newsmax from 5 til 9pm, I now may catch Spicer, and nothing until Greg. Great way to lose viewers just when you were growing. Why do people have to mess with things that were not broken?

13. Robert

June 16, 2022 at 5:55 am

Very disappointed. I watched Newsmax for Greg Kelly and Grant Stinchfield. Looks like I will no longer be watching Newsmax. And to hire Greta? Wow, Newsmax management has forgotten why people watched Newsmax.

14. Dave Phelps

June 16, 2022 at 6:44 am

Greg Kelly was our “go to guy” for the news. Won’t be able to watch
    him in the new slot. Hope you got Greta cheap, as no one around here will watch her. Newsmax will be like Fox News around here.
    Never watched. Always have to ruin a good thing because management knows best.

15. Cindy Vandereedt

June 16, 2022 at 1:30 pm

I have to agree with a lot of the other comments being made. Switched over to Newsmax after Fox News caved after the 2020 election. We are paying $40 extra dollars a month just to get Newsmax. Don’t care for Greta. Saledo, Kelly and Stinchfield were your best shot at giving Fox News a run for their money. If things aren’t changed back, we may be saving &40 a month. We won’t go back to Fox, we will remove Newsmax and go with One America News Network. Why would you screw up something that everyone seems to love……. Newsmax is caving to the woke mob culture……. Very disappointing. The only reason Newsmax was doing so well is because they were telling the truth. Now you are following in line with the other networks

16. Frank & Vida Dellorso

June 16, 2022 at 4:56 pm

Very disappointed that Grant Stitchfield is not in the daily lineup.
    Don’t know how long we will continue to watch Newsmax. Terrible idea to move him to weekend.
    Who is making your decisions????

17. Pat Lewis

June 16, 2022 at 7:51 pm

I agree with other’s comments. My husband and I were so glad to find a news channel that we could count on to hear real news that brought us truth. We love Stinchfield and are very very disappointed he’s not on every weeknight now. Like someone else said why change something that’s not broke!! Please reconsider bringing Grant back.

18. Lisa Barbee

June 16, 2022 at 8:52 pm

Sooo disappointed in the new lineup!!! Trust me, you will lose viewers! I’m going back to Fox!!!

19. Eloise Qualey

June 17, 2022 at 6:44 pm

I agree with the comments above. Do not care for Greta. Here deliver is very bland and doesn’t keep my attention. The former schedule fit in with my schedule much better. I hope you rearrange this once again. Bad choices for Newsmax.

• Annemarie Prince

June 19, 2022 at 8:26 am

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. DO NOT LIKE HER SHOW AT ALL. BIRING RIGID. NOT NEWSMAX. WHERE IS GRANT STINCHFIELD? NOW NO ONE CAN WATCH CHRIS SALSEDO IR SPUCER N CO WHO WORK. LOOKS LIKE THE GUY IN CHARGE IS POLITICAL. RATHER THAN LETTING GOOD JOURNALISTS DO THEIR JOBS U CATER TO POLITICA AND ANYONE WHO SAYS NEWSMAX IS HARD RIGHT. THEY SPEAK THE TRUTH. I WINT WATCH HER SHOW. U DEMOTED ALL UR GOID PEOPLE FOR HER. DO NOT COOL. U KNOW CNN PLAYS POLITICS…LOOK HOW THAT TURNED OUT.

20. Kathy L Ross

June 19, 2022 at 7:19 am

Many left Fox because they were compromising and went to Newsmax because they were not afraid to report the hard truth. it appears that may be slipping away as well. What a loss.

21. Tom Rooney

June 19, 2022 at 6:02 pm

It boggles my mind as to why Newsmax would take a successful formula that was working and flush it down the drain. You had a strong lineup with Salcedo,Spicer,Kelly, Stinchfield,Schmitt and Pelligrino. Why fix it if it ain’t broke. I left Fox news because of things like this. I guess I’ll be moving to OAN.

22. Martha

June 22, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Okay…. but where’s Grant Stinchfield? He’s my fave along with the fab 5 shows! I wish they put Greta either earlier or later. I loved the line up the way it was. I just feel like Greta needs to work her way up in the line up before she gets 6 pm spot to see if she fits well there. Everyone fit well I thought in their time spot before the change but maybe they’ll see what works best and change accordingly to the public’s response.

23. Beth Buckley

June 23, 2022 at 8:36 am

Why try and fix something that is not broken?
    The previous lineup was great.
    Never cared for Greta Van Susteren when she was with “FAUX” News.
    Why do we get their rejects? Ask CNN how the Chris Wallace thing worked for them.
    DISAPPOINTED in you NEWSMAX.

• Randy Showman

June 24, 2022 at 6:50 pm

Do not like Greta. Put Stinchfield back on. Also leave Carl Higbe on. Guess I’ll have to cancel my Newsmax magazine subscription and go back to Fox. Don’t understand why you would get rid of some of the best people you had.

24. Gar35

July 1, 2022 at 8:31 pm

I find myself turning off the TV or turning the channel, not impressed with changes. Kelly and Stinchfield were awesome the way it was.

Your email address will not be published.

News Television

FuboTV, TelevisaUnivision Agree to New Carriage Deal

The terms of the agreement were not made public, but FuboTV and TelevisaUnivision will maintain their partnership on the streaming service for the foreseeable future.

Eduardo Razo

FuboTV subscribers who consume Univision’s slate of news programs will be breathing relief this Friday. After their contract expired on June 30th and both sides played hardball, issuing statements regarding their agreement talks, both sides have reached a carriage deal.

“We are pleased to have reached an agreement with FuboTV that will continue to deliver Univision’s networks to customers and provide Hispanic viewers access to the most-watched Spanish-language news, sports and entertainment programming in America,” TelevisaUnivision said

“We recognize FuboTV’s commitment to serving this growing and influential audience with the programming they love, and we look forward to continued partnership.

“FuboTV has reached a new agreement with Univision. We are delighted to continue our partnership with the world’s leading Spanish-language media company to bring their popular sports, news and entertainment content to our market-leading Latino package at a reasonable cost to our customers,” the streaming service said in a press release

Univision, UniMas, Galavision, and TUDN networks carried by FuboTV and news programs such as Noticiero Univision and Noticiero Univision: Edición digital are stables for network.

News Television

CBC News Launching 24/7 Streaming Service

The National’s Andrew Chang will serve as the host of a daily show as its flagship program.

Eduardo Razo

As many news media companies dive into the streaming service world in the United States, those outside our borders are beginning to follow suit. Canada’s CBC News announced is launching a free, ad-supported streaming channel in the fall.

Furthermore, the public media company stated that The National‘s Andrew Chang will serve as the host of a daily show as its flagship program. Chang is stepping back from The National in August as part of this change.

With Chang exiting his role, co-anchor Adrienne Arsenault is taking over hosting duties from Monday to Thursday.

“It will include things like The National and other original programs like The Fifth Estate and Marketplace,” CBC News editor-in-chief Brodie Fenlon said.

“It will include bundled stories that appear across the country and are put together around certain themes and will include some original programs.”

The upcoming service from the CBC will be available to stream 24/7.

News Television

Former Black News Channel Exec Chloe Jones Joins CBS News

Eduardo Razo

Former Black News Channel executive producer Chloe Jones will be joining CBS News Streaming as a senior executive producer, where she’s overseeing morning-through-midday programming.

Before her stint with BNC, Jones went from production assistant to senior producer while holding positions at CNN, Fox News and Fox Business, and MSNBC. Furthermore, Jones isn’t the only person with a new role at CBS News.

Tanya Mills was promoted to senior executive producer overseeing afternoon-through-evening programming for the AVOD service. Before joining CBS News, Mills spent time at Turkish English-language broadcaster TRT World and Al Jazeera America.

“Chloe and Tanya take on these new roles as we continue to focus on serving our audience with live, up-to-date news coverage throughout the day,” CBS News Streaming SVP Anthony Galloway said in a note to staff, per TV Newser

“While our marquee live shows will continue to serve as destinations in our programming schedule, having two senior leaders working across the entire day will allow us to think more holistically about our news coverage and better align our programming to meet our audience’s always-on expectation.”