Sports TV News

Marcellus Wiley Departing FS1’s Speak For Yourself

Wiley previously worked at ESPN on both television and radio. The Post reports he has been offered a contract with a different role with FS1.

Marcellus Wiley

Marcellus Wiley is set to depart FS1’s Speak For Yourself, according to a report from The New York Post.

Wiley has co-hosted the show since replacing Colin Cowherd in 2018, originally with Jason Whitlock before Emmanuel Acho joined the show in 2020.

Per the Post’s report, discussions are underway to pair Acho with The Herd with Colin Cowherd co-host Joy Taylor and former NFL running back LeSean McCoy in a more football focused show.

Wiley previously worked at ESPN on both television and radio. The Post reports he has been offered a contract with a different role with FS1, but details remain sparse on what that role would be and if Wiley would accept.

36 Comments

36 Comments

1. Rodney Aleshire

August 5, 2022 at 4:29 pm

Acho and Wiley were great!!! Sure will miss those guys trading thoughts!! The two most intelligent men working the same show ever!!!!

• Rob

August 9, 2022 at 12:26 pm

This show has been going downhill since Willey left. Acho is very intelligent and Willey was a perfect counterpoint to him, I like Joy but I prefer her on Colin’s show. Shady is a whatever to me, I can take him or leave him. Acho also seems to be struggling a little bit since Willey left. This was the best show in FS1’s line up and the most intelligent. Willey will be missed.

• Tak

August 9, 2022 at 3:00 pm

Agreed. Acho tries way too hard as the main host and it’s hard to watch. Like Whitlock a lot better than him, and his takes most of the time are asinine

• LK Latimer

August 15, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Not to put too fine a point on it but Acho talks too much. He appears to want to prove his intelligence with each sentence and it produces the opposite effect.

• Terry Morning

August 9, 2022 at 3:51 pm

I watched the show since that dude Marcellus Wiley left the show and it is definitely NOT the same..nothing against my man Acho, but Marcellus was the man..so much swagger and knowledge..I think the ratings will go down..bring that dude please..

• Troy

August 10, 2022 at 11:26 am

Nope, this was my favorite duo. Can’t watch it with just Acho and friends. He get pushed around to much.

• TomWynn

August 15, 2022 at 2:37 pm

WILEY AND ACHO ARE THE TWO MOST INTELLECTUAL SPORTS COMMENTATORS ON TELEVISION! WHY ARE YOU BREAKING UP THIS GREAT TEAM? PLEASE BRING THEM BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.

• Nickolas Marvin Solomon

August 16, 2022 at 3:47 pm

Why Wiley makes the show this BS

• Romel Murdock

August 16, 2022 at 6:43 pm

Whyyyyyyyyyyy Jesus!!!!!!! The best damn show i haven’t watched it since can’t stand to hear joy annoying voice and takes….. I did not come there for her or anyone else I come there to listen to the guys who were a perfect match for each other damn why you got to ruin it

2. Tony

August 8, 2022 at 3:17 pm

The show has been unwatchable ever since Jason Whitlock left.

• Tim Contreras

August 9, 2022 at 3:07 pm

100% agreed.

• Scott

August 17, 2022 at 2:11 am

I thought Wiley was on vacay. Now I find out he’s gone. The show is not the same; it’s worse. The chemistry they had talking sports with intellect and humor was one of a kind and definitely when they tackled real life issues that permeate our lives. The show brought good discourse about sports that was smart and entertaining. Radio and/or TV “that Dude rules”. Acho is good but it was when he was schooled by that Dude when the show was at its best. They took us behind the curtain on many occasions about the professional football player that allows you to remember these athletes are people too. Let us not forget. Luckily I tape the show so I have some of their best episodes on the dvr. I like Joy for obvious reasons and Slick Rick is the deciding factor in many of their debates but it will never be the same.

3. Christopher Daniels

August 8, 2022 at 5:50 pm

I like joy and shady but they aren’t wiley .it’s super crazy he’s the best at football fs1 is crazy.you had two if the most smartest people in the business on the show.shady is good but he’s nowhere compared to wiley.

4. Josh

August 9, 2022 at 2:04 pm

Very unfortunate. I loved the Wiley and Acho pairing. Ill have to find something else unless they give Wiley another show. I always appreciated Wiley logical take to every conversation, non race card take etc.

5. Steven

August 9, 2022 at 3:44 pm

Just wrong.Straight Blasphemy. One of the best two Man teams ever.

6. Michael Lyon

August 9, 2022 at 3:47 pm

Yeah I’m not a fan of Acho and Joy ! I think Joy was great with Herd ! But I think Willey gave Acho too much credit and it backfired ! But I think there better off sticking to Football cause some of there takes on basketball are as good as there basketball skills , pathetic ! Please don’t turn into ESPN !

7. Freddy

August 9, 2022 at 4:36 pm

Bring back Dat Dude!

8. Samuel Hawkins

August 9, 2022 at 7:47 pm

What a wack choice to remove Wiley. The show is not the same. Not really a fan of it now

9. Terri

August 10, 2022 at 5:46 pm

The show just ain’t the same with out “Big Dog” Wiley! Love Acho, but those other three…they can go somewhere!!!

10. Paul Novick

August 10, 2022 at 9:01 pm

Wiley and Acho were a perfect match. Always fun to listen to them play off one another. Wiley clearly kept the show moving. Since he’s left it leaves such a gap in what was one of the best daily sports analysis programs. Acho is trying too hard to fill Wiley’s space. Joy should stay with the Herd. The chemistry is gone. Not fun to watch anymore.

11. Matthew

August 12, 2022 at 3:42 pm

Pay Dat Dude. The show is really hard to watch at the moment. Wiley was the best on SFY. Wiley and Acho have a great balance together. The show seems very chaotic with all kinds of other people on it. Bring Wiley back!

12. Darrell

August 14, 2022 at 4:03 pm

I just thought Wiley was on vacation, but now that I see he’s not coming back to SFY neither will I be coming back to watch anymore.

• Ron Gwood

August 15, 2022 at 3:42 pm

Bring back Marcellus Both he and Acho complimented each other very well. Serious intellectual acrobatics between the two regarding the nuts and bolts on professional sports, players, and their egos.

13. Matthew Carlsen

August 15, 2022 at 3:05 pm

Wondered about Wiley dude been a favorite since espn. Might watch for Joy I like her. Acho makes me change the channel

14. B King

August 15, 2022 at 3:24 pm

I always felt the show was not good or insightful. Wiley’s points were incoherent and didn’t make sense most of the time. It felt as if he was forcing a counterpoint to whatever Acho was saying. Didn’t seem authentic to me. Wiley was brought in to be nothing more than Whitlock Jr. and it showed. To me they really had no true chemistry. I figured it would only be a matter of time before that experiment failed.

• Chris Harvey

August 16, 2022 at 5:58 pm

So, you’re commenting on a show you didn’t watch? Good use of time.

15. JERMAINE RANDOLPH

August 15, 2022 at 4:40 pm

This doesn’t make sense. I like Acho but I love Wiley!!!! They make such a great team & they trade off of each other so well. The Wileyism’s,the hip-hop references,the life experiences will be sorely missed. Thank You for four great years & can’t wait to see what you do.

16. Carlos Ruiz

August 15, 2022 at 6:42 pm

Best show on TV. I love Acho but the show is not the same. I will follow Whiley wherever he goes.

17. Eric

August 16, 2022 at 8:45 am

I used to really look forward to Speak for Yourself with Acho and Wiley. The deep conversations they had was amazing and will be missed. Most comments about Acho is spot on. He seems to be a different person. The flow is off as well. Not sure how long I will be watching this show. Wiley, bruh, what’s up. You two guys together were a beautiful pairing. Can’t believe you left us like this. Good luck in whatever you decide to do in life my brother. You will be missed.

• Gladys Harris

August 16, 2022 at 11:33 pm

Speak for yourself is not the same. I’m a fan of Joy Taylor but this is not working. There was an amazing chemistry between Marcellus and Acho. The intellect, their honest opinions, the way they played off one another made this one of the best sports shows on television. Marcellus and Acho were one of a kind. It has truly been hard to watch the show lately, but I continue to watch because I’m a big fan of Emmanuel Acho. The conversations are just not the same and Speak for Yourself is not the same.

18. Carrol Eaddy

August 16, 2022 at 3:47 pm

Have to say , really did not watch a lot of sports show, but my Husband started me on speak for yourself !!! Fell in love with Marcellus and Acho! There chemistry was amazing!!
    Miss Marcellus, Acho still good, but it’s not the same!!!!

19. Stacy

August 16, 2022 at 4:08 pm

Fine with me, bring Jason Whitlock back

20. Jereme Carroll

August 16, 2022 at 4:12 pm

I’ve been watching speak for yourself since day one and I have to say it was so much better back in the day, back when They had Marcellas Wiley, Jason Whitlock, and Darnell that’s when they were at their best. I hated to see Whitlock leave the show, it hasn’t been as good since but debate shows are always trying to evolve but in this case I think their progressively getting worse.

21. Bill Payne

August 16, 2022 at 4:15 pm

Network stupidity at its finest !!! FS1 going the way of ESPN. Wiley made the show…..now he’s gone ?????

22. Romel Murdock

August 16, 2022 at 6:49 pm

Why do this?????? Absolutely the best damn man show period now I’m just water it down like everything else these guys had some of the best takes ever ever but you replace it and bring joy I got sick of her voice and I left the herd I’m running from the herd now I got to leave this show

23. Dion

August 17, 2022 at 12:56 am

Wiley already knew Acho was about to take his spot.. You could tell on the show.. Wiley used to take salty shots at Acho.. Joy with Acho is great 4 tv.. Keep Slick Rick Butcher off the set please damn

Your email address will not be published.

Sports TV News

The Stephen A. Smith Memoir Release Date Set for January

“Due to my fixation on privacy pertaining to my personal life, it took a lot of time, and a lot of prodding by loved ones, to finally get me to do this,” he said.

Jordan Bondurant

Stephen A. Smith

It’s taken some time, but ESPN First Take host Stephen A. Smith is releasing a memoir at the start of next year.

Straight Shooter: A Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes will focus on Stephen A.’s upbringing, journalism career and the challenges he’s endured on his path to stardom.

Smith said that in order for the book to come to light, he had to do some convincing of his family members.

Even after some coaxing, Smith said there will be no sugarcoating in his book.

“But as I once told my mom, ‘If I’m going to write a book, I’ll be damned if I’m holding back. I’m going to speak my truth, say what I have to say, just so everyone knows where I stand and why,’” he said. “I know I’ve done that in this book. I had to do so eventually. It was time. No matter the consequences.”

Sports TV News

Joe Buck: ‘I Feel Great’ About Moving On From FOX, World Series

“For sure. Gonna be weird,” Buck said. “After 24 of them it is a part of me.”

Jordan Bondurant

The debut of Joe Buck on Monday Night Football is fast approaching, and while excitement for the legendary play-by-play man is high ahead of the new season, he still holds a special place for calling baseball.

Buck, who will no longer call World Series for FOX after being in the booth for the previous 24, said on Twitter on Tuesday he’s happy about making the shift to ESPN but will certainly miss being a familiar voice of MLB.

“For sure. Gonna be weird,” Buck said. “After 24 of them it is a part of me.”

Buck added he still dreams of calling baseball, but he did say had he stayed at FOX for 2022, this year likely would’ve been his last anyway.

Buck will be joined in the MNF booth with his longtime FOX broadcast partner Troy Aikman, who also jumped ship last winter to ESPN.

Sports TV News

CBS Sports Reveals 2022 NFL Broadcast Teams

CBS Sports returns their entire broadcast lineup for 2022.

NFL on CBS

The 2022 lineup of broadcast teams for NFL on CBS games has been announced.

In less than four weeks, Jim Nantz, Tony Romo and Tracy Wolfson will be together for their sixth season and will call the network’s top game each week as well as CBS Sports’ Thanksgiving and Christmas game, the AFC Playoffs and the AFC Championship.

Ian Eagle, Charles Davis and Evan Washburn will command the No. 2 announce booth and will team for their third season together.

Kevin Harlan, Trent Green and Melanie Collins will team.

Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta and AJ Ross will be a crew as well.