Connect with us
blank

News Television

Keith Olbermann: Has Jake Tapper ‘Kissed Enough Conservative Ass This Week’?

Olbermann first took his latest shot at CNN CEO Chris Licht, reiterating his claim that when the pair worked together at MSNBC he thought Licht “ate paste”, before turning his attention to Tapper.

Avatar photo

Published

on

blank

CNN continues to shift their focus back to a strictly news gathering and reporting organization, which continues to catch the attention of liberal podcaster Keith Olbermann, with host Jake Tapper his latest target.

During his Countdown with Keith Olbermann podcast Monday, the former cable news host called out Tapper for take on how President Biden should handle former President Donald Trump’s participation in the United States’ representation at Queen Elizabeth II’s upcoming funeral.

Olbermann first took his latest shot at CNN CEO Chris Licht, reiterating his claim that when the pair worked together at MSNBC he thought Licht “ate paste”, before turning his attention to Tapper.

“Jake Tapper indicated he is going along with the Licht/(John) Malone conversion of CNN into Fox News — with nicer looking studios — by suggesting President Biden should invited Donald Trump — while he is under investigation for international nuclear weapon espionage crimes against this country — to join the American delegation to the funeral of Queen Elizabeth. Tapper also defended CNN’s sketchy legal analyst Elie Honig by launching an on-air attack on MSNBC. ‘A bunch of MSNBC legal commentators attacked you. Have they apologized at all? Have they acknowledged that they were wrong and you were right?'”

Olbermann was flabbergasted at the insinuation from Tapper that apologies needed to be exchanged between the two outlets, noting he felt entitled to apologies from CNN for his opinions on topics from the late 2000s.

“Oh my god, Jake. Are we gonna do CNN/MSNBC apologies now? How many do you guys owe me just over the Iraq war? Like 50? Terrorism another 75 or 100? And Jake, more importantly, did you kiss enough conservative ass this week?”

Tapper was awarded the title of “Worst Person in the World” from Olbermann during the podcast.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News Television

Non-Profit Aiding Broadcast Professionals Affected by Hurricane Ian

The Broadcasters Foundation of America said it will provide qualified individuals monetary relief if they were affected by Hurricane Ian.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

blank

A non-profit organization dedicated to helping broadcast professionals who have fallen on hard times is stepping up to help those personally impacted by Hurricane Ian. 

In a news release, The Broadcasters Foundation of America said it will provide qualified individuals monetary relief if they were affected by Hurricane Ian. The organization said requests have come in from Spanish Broadcasting System, America CV Station Group, Telemundo, and Univision. 

“Our Emergency Grant Program is set up with a streamlined vetting process that allows us to move quickly and get checks to those in desperate need quickly,” explained Tim McCarthy, President of the Broadcasters Foundation of America.

Last week, Hurricane Ian made landfall as a category four storm with sustained winds of 150 mph. The hurricane came ashore as one of the strongest storms ever to strike Florida. 

“Broken pipes, power outages, displacement, and more have brought devastation to many of our colleagues,” McCarthy said. “We’re asking every broadcaster in affected areas to help us get the word out to those who may qualify for assistance.” 

One-time emergency grants are awarded to qualifying broadcast colleagues recovering from a natural disaster, such as hurricanes, tornados, fires, floods, or other serious misfortune.

Personal donations can be made to the Foundation’s Guardian Fund. Corporate contributions are accepted through the Angel Initiative, and bequests can be made through the Foundation’s Legacy Society. For more information, please visit www.broadcastersfoundation.org, call 212-373-8250, or email info@thebfoa.org.

Continue Reading

News Television

CNN Loses White House Reporter Ryan Nobles to NBC News

NBC News has hired former CNN staffer Ryan Nobles as its Capitol Hill correspondent. Nobles spent the last eight years at CNN covering Washington D.C. politics.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

blank

NBC News has hired former CNN staffer Ryan Nobles as its Capitol Hill correspondent. Nobles spent the last eight years at CNN covering Washington D.C. politics. 

According to Deadline, Ken Strickland, NBC News Washington D.C. bureau chief announced the hiring in an internal memo. 

“It’s an exciting time to welcome Ryan, as we enter the final midterms sprint and prepare to cover a new Congress in just a few months,” the memo stated. 

In a tweet Monday, Nobles thanked his CNN colleagues and acknowledged the opportunity to report on so many important stories. 

“It was truly an honor to work with some of the best in the business at such a crucial time,” the tweet read. 

Meanwhile, Noble will begin his tenure a little more than two months away from the critical midterm election. 

“Many of our Washington colleagues know Ryan well — he’s been a staple at CNN, where he worked for eight years both on and off the Hill covering some of the biggest political stories of the decade,” Strickland said.

“We already have one of the best reporting teams in the business on the Hill, led by Garrett, our Senior Capitol Hill Correspondent, along with Ali, Allie, and a terrific lineup of digital reporters and producers,” he added. “I’m confident Ryan will strengthen that operation even further and hope you’ll join me in welcoming him to the team.” 

Continue Reading

News Television

Donald Trump Files Defamation Lawsuit Against CNN

Former President Donald Trump has reportedly filed a massive defamation lawsuit against CNN and seeks $475 million in punitive damages.

Ryan Hedrick

Published

on

blank

Former President Donald Trump has reportedly filed a massive defamation lawsuit against CNN. According to The New York Post, the suit seeks $475 million in punitive damages. 

Trump alleges that the network used its influence to defeat him politically. He also alleges that CNN has ramped up its attacks on him in recent months out of fear that he will run again in 2024. 

Trump is facing a multitude of legal challenges including a criminal investigation from the U.S. Justice Department for his allegedly concealing classified documents. 

In August, federal agents raided Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence looking for any evidence related to the case. Last month, New York State Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit against Trump and some of his children accusing them of lying to banks and insurers over the value of his assets.

“As a part of its concerted effort to tilt the political balance to the left, CNN has tried to taint the Plaintiff with a series of ever-more scandalous, false, and defamatory labels of ‘racist,’ ‘Russian lackey,’ ‘insurrectionist,’ and ultimately ‘Hitler,’” the lawsuit claims.

A Congressional committee is currently investigating Trump’s alleged role in the Jan 6 Capitol riots. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement blank
Advertisement blank

Barrett Media Writers

Copyright © 2022 Barrett Media.